Here's a bit about what's going on in my life:
- I'm slowly adjusting to the idea that my sister is pregnant. I'm happy for her, I really am, but a little bit of the sadness for me lingers.
- My sister that had a baby in February called me this morning and asked me if I wanted to split the cost of a baby gift for pregnant sister. This caught me off guard because SHE'S NOT DUE UNTIL FEBRUARY. I refuse to even start to think about a gift until after Christmas.
- All of my sisters are terrible drivers. As such I always purchase a car seat for each of my nieces and nephews. I spend hours researching safety features, product reviews, etc. and buy them the best. My two sisters that already have kids just accepted this for what it is, have let me do my thing, and graciously accepted their car seats. According to the sister I talked to this morning (sorry if all of my sisters are confusing) she wants a specific car seat in a specific fabric. I feel a little bit like she's taken my job from me. Of course I recognize that it's her right to pick out whatever she wants for her baby so I suppose this will have to be one of those times where I shove my feelings aside, put my big girl pants on, and just deal with it.
- Hot flashes are kicking my ass. They (thankfully) gave me a bit of a reprieve in August and early September, but they are back with a vengeance. I don't even know how some women deal with these for years....I spent 10 minutes sobbing in the grocery store parking lot because I was so hot I couldn't deal.
- I'm tired. I'm not sleeping again. And just when I finally get to sleep the night sweats start. And that was before hubs decided to put the flannel sheets on the bed.
- I feel like I'm walking around with my head in the clouds. I feel like I'm so forgetful and I can't focus on anything. Probably the sleep. But I don't like feeling like this.