- I'm concerned by the instances of hatred that seem to be uptick (at least anecdotally). I'm also concerned that our president-elect hasn't done anything to condemn this abhorrent behavior.
- Hillary Clinton's concession speech was one of the classiest things I've ever witnessed. Even at what had to be one of the lowest points of her life, she exemplified grace. I don't know if I could have been so gracious in defeat.
- We've already started Christmas shopping. We decided that we'd buy all of our nieces and nephews at least one book. We're had a lot of fun picking out the books to give to them, but I must admit that it's bittersweet too. One of the things I most looked forward to was sharing books to my children.
- Related, even if we keep a modest price limit for each niece/nephew, it starts to add up fast. There was a point when I thought it would all be worth it since they'd be spending money on our kids. I mean, it is worth it, but I think anybody who reads this blog understands what I mean.
- I'm doing this thing for work. It's really cool and really important, but it's also the hardest thing I've done to date in my professional career. It will be worth it though, and the commitment should be (mostly) finished by the end of December.
- My laparoscopy is on Friday. Luckily I haven't had time to worry about it yet, but I suppose there's still time. :) Even though I think I will feel fine by Thanksgiving (six days post-lap), I don't think we'll end up taking the road trip to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Mostly because I'm tired and need a break and don't want to push myself.
I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll try to catch up soon, and I'll definitely update on my lap as soon as I have details.