- (string of curse words)
- This woman, who is literally one year shy of being double my age and already has a litter of kids, is pregnant and I could never get pregnant (despite being a normal age). It's unfair.
- Math. At minimum this woman will be 83 when her kids graduate from high school, provided that she lives that long. The average life expectancy for a German woman is 83. It seems selfish to me to take steps to get pregnant when it's unlikely that she will live to see them through adulthood.
- What do her other kids think? Particularly the 44 year old big brother/sister. Or the grandchildren who will be older than their aunts/uncles.
- Does the doctor who approved and preformed IVF even have ethical standards? The human body just plain isn't designed to handle pregnancy at that age. Case in point: the article says that it took multiple attempts (though it doesn't specify how many).
- I wonder how the egg donor feels about a woman of this age carrying a pregnancy with her eggs?
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Things that make you go hmmmmmm
Did anyone else see the news reports about the 65 year-old woman who is pregnant with quadruplets? She already has 13 kids ranging in age from 44 to nine. Here are a few of my thoughts, pretty much in order: