Saturday, February 10, 2018

On my own

I am writing this while in Florida, poolside, and soaking up the last few rays of sunshine and warmth before heading back to the cold and snowy north.

I left home on Wednesday for a work trip to a professional conference.  I don’t have the sort of job where I travel for work a lot, at least not the variety of travel that involves a plane, but I do take a trip once or twice a year. Sometimes I take hubs along and sometimes I go solo.  This time I went solo, but met up with most of my friends from grad school.  We agreed months ago that no one would bring partners or kids. :)

Don’t get me wrong, I love traveling with hubs, spending time with him, and seeing the world, but sometimes it’s fun to be on my own schedule (which is always more free flowing and spontaneous than when I’m traveling with hubs), stay out later than I usually would, drink more alcohol than I usually do, and have a great time with friends without having to consider the likes/dislikes/wants/needs of another person.  I had a fantastic time and I’m so relaxed and recharged. It’s amazing what sun can do for thr soul! I feel like I should mention that I did do a ton of work related activities too!

My flight leaves in a few hours and I’ll be back to reality. I’ve enjoyed my time here, but I’m looking forward to hubs, the dog, our bed, and our wonderful life.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! A break is always good. So glad you enjoyed it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! It is lovely to have a break, and just be yourself. I'm a wee bit jealous. I kinda miss my days of travelling on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that sounds so fun! Glad you had a nice trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, well-deserved vacation, even if it had work in there, too. The freedom sounds lovely. It's wonderful to have a beautiful life waiting for you, but I also get the enjoyment of a little break, some nice sunny you-time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely travel without dh (on my own, or with a group of girlfriends), but whenever I've done it, I have to admit, I've hugely enjoyed it. ;) Shhh, don't tell him! ;)

    ReplyDelete