Saturday, May 9, 2015

Recognized

We have an eight year-old nephew who just adores hubs and me (and the dog).  Yesterday I got a call from my sister, his mother.  Nephew and his class at school did a project at school where they wrote a letter to their mother and made a small gift.  She wanted to read nephew's letter to me.  It went like this:

Dear Mommy,
I love you!  I love you because you drive me to visit aunt, uncle, and dog.  I love you because you help me with my homework.  I love you because you make sure I have clean underwear.  You are the best mommy!

Love,
Nephew

I'm just smitten that Nephew mentioned us in his letter to his mom for Mother's Day.  I'm thankful that my sister wanted to share it with me.  And I'm honored that we rank above clean underwear!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Ranking above clean underwear is always a good sign.

    Yay for recognition!! Your nephew sounds sweet:-)

    My family and my closest friend are constantly telling me how much my nephew (age 9) and my friend's son (age 10) adore me and how great I am with them. My friend even bothered to e-mail me and let me know the "talk" I had with her son on instrument practice worked, as he is now practicing his flute. I don't know if they make such efforts to help me feel validated, or if they don't have a calculated reason at all, but it's awesome. Maybe it's because they know that if I received any kind of "well you don't have kids so you don't KNOW" attitude, someone would probably get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard at the underwear sentence! The mind of an 8 year-old boy....

      It is nice to receive recognition, whether intentional or not!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so too! It really meant the world to me!

      Delete
  3. Love your nephew's devotion! I'm fortunate to have that same connection ...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised that he mentioned it in a Mother's Day letter, of all places! I just wish we lived closer so it was easier to spend time with him (and my nieces).

      Delete