Sunday, August 24, 2014

New to the Blogging world!

Hello and welcome to my blog!  Despite being pretty technologically forward thinking, this is my first blog.  I guess that the purpose of this blog is to be able to say the things that I can't (or won't say) to people that I know in real life.  It will probably be filled with a good deal of sarcasm and some profanity too.  If you can handle those things, please read on!

So this blog is going to be about infertility.  Or, more specifically, healing from the scars that infertility has carved into my heart.  My blog title comes from a Pink song (Just Give Me a Reason), which actually has nothing to do with infertility, but the words really spoke to me because for a long time I've felt broken, but the reality is that I'm just bent.  (And still Fuckin' Perfect, according to another Pink song)

Even amongst infertility people, I don't really fit in.  We're not pursing treatment and we're not really trying anymore either.  My husband and I decided that we wanted to start our family two years ago, which doesn't seem like that long, but this past winter we went through infertility testing and I received a diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve (missed a POF diagnosis by thismuch), a partially blocked tube, and probable endometriosis, so suffice to say that our chances of naturally conceiving are roughly equivalent to being struck by lightening.  We've also elected not to pursue any fertility treatments.  A number of factors played into this decision, and I'll probably get into some of that at some point on this blog, but I am confident in our decision not to pursue treatment and so is my husband.  So where does this leave us now?  I guess you could say that we are still trying (in the loosest possible sense of the word); we're having regular, unprotected sex, but I'm not temping, charting, peeing on things, seeking treatment, etc.  We'll be thrilled if it happens but understand that it's not likely to.  I'm also working on coming to terms with a child free life, which is probably going to be the biggest part of this blog.

If you've read along this far, please leave a comment.  I've silently followed a few living child free after infertility blogs, but now that I have my own blog I'll start un-silently following.


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry my long comment disappeared :( It double posted so I deleted one comment and now all of them are gone :( I hope you received it through your email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Obie! Thanks so much for stopping by. I did get your other comment by email, so no worries there. I'm sure I'll make some mistakes too because I've never blogged in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, glad that the post didn't disappear! I've never blogged before either but it's nice to have a very own place in the cyberspace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I've only just now found your blog. Welcome to our little community! You're not alone here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! I'm finding this community to be one of the most open, welcoming community that I've ever been a part of. I really appreciate that there are women (like you, for example) who are brave enough to share their stories so that the rest of us don't feel so isolated.

      Delete
  6. dear BnB,
    I have a dear pen-friend from NY and she told me yesterday that your blog is her favorite blog.
    So I am looking forward to getting to know you.
    lots of love from sLOVEnia,
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I read your blog as well, though I'm pretty sure I've never commented. I'll have to change that! I find it oddly satisfying that my blog is a favorite (though my curiosity is piqued about who this is). I try to keep it honest and real-this is the one place where I can say exactly what is on my mind, good, bad, or ugly. :)

      Delete